Alumni and Friends
Since its earliest beginnings Alderson-Broaddus has been a church-related institution whose identity is strongly tied to this Christian heritage. Current affiliations include the American Baptist Churches, USA in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, and the West Virginia Baptist Convention in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
Since its earliest beginnings Alderson Broaddus has been a church-related institution whose identity is strongly tied to this Christian heritage. Current affiliations include the American Baptist Churches, USA in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, and the West Virginia Baptist Convention in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
Alderson Broaddus actively seeks the support of American Baptist Churches in its Institutional Support Region, which includes West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Ohio. This includes approximately 1,100 churches throughout the region.
AB University Supports Churches by:
* Providing speakers and/or music ensembles for youth groups and church activities. High-quality student musical ensembles are available for church performances by request. This includes the Concert Choir, the Brass Choir, and "The West Virginians."
* Meeting with Boards of Deacons, Sessions, and/or Mission Committees regarding Alderson Broaddus University and the School's commitment to churches in Christian higher education.
* Providing leadership for worship such as a preacher, mission speaker, or liturgist.
* Helping plan and/or participating in mission conferences or fairs, youth nights, and other special events.
* Arranging a visit to the campus for individuals or groups from churches.
* Planning and conducting training for church officers, boards, and ministry teams.
Churches Support AB University by:
* Sending the names and addresses of high school juniors and seniors to the Admissions Office.
* Bringing students to AB for a campus tour. Such visits help students make informed decisions about where they will attend college.
* Affirming the value of a Christian liberal arts education at AB University. An Admissions Counselor and the Director of Church Relations are available to meet with church leaders and youth.
* Continuing to support or beginning to support AB University in their annual mission giving.
As a church-related college, AB University endeavors to nurture its relationships with congregations and other church-related agencies.
* Students, faculty, and staff lead worship, preach, and teach Sunday school in local churches.
* Students work with youth ministries in local congregations.
* Churches and agencies hold meetings and retreats on campus.
* Faculty and staff help plan and conduct leader training for local church boards and committees.
There are many other ways AB, churches, and organizations might work together and be mutually supportive.
To submit ideas and suggestions, please contact:
Jay Nussel, Vice President for Institutional Advancement