We are pleased that you are applying to Alderson Broaddus University and will make every effort to ensure that the application process goes as smoothly as possible. Upon receipt of your application, you will be mailed a confirmation letter. Notification of your admission status can be expected within four to eight weeks after we receive all forms and credentials requested. Again, thank you for choosing AB. If you have any questions as you complete this application for admission, please call the Admissions Office at (304) 457-6326.
The University is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. A student from a foreign country who seeks admission to the University must submit ALL the following:
1. Completed application for international admission.
2. Test scores:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is a second language; A minimum TOEF of 500 (paper based), 61 (internet based), or 173 (computer based) is required for admission, AND
• American College Test (ACT)
• Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
3. Official transcripts of all preparatory school, college and university work. College and University transcripts must be evaluated by a professional service sucha s World Education Service (WES) and written in English.
4. Affidavit of support form (Click link below. Student must print and complete form to be mailed.)
NOTICE: Your International Student Application for Admissions is not complete until you complete the Affidavit of Support for the International Student (above). This document must be printed, completed, and mailed to: Alderson Broaddus University, Box 2003 Admissions Office, 101 College Hill Road, Philippi, WV 26416
5. Current health insurance and medical records.
International Freshmen Applicants
You should apply as a freshman candidate if you are currently enrolled in high school or have not enrolled or earned credit at another college or university following high school graduation.
1. Complete the application.
2. If you are no longer in high school, you may mail the application directly to AB. You still must ask your former high school to send an official transcript and arrange to have official SAT/ACT scores sent to our Admissions Office.
International Transfer Applicants
You should apply as a transfer candidate if you have ever enrolled in a college or university following high school graduation.
1. Complete the application.
2. Have your official transcript(s) evaluated by a professional service such as World Education Service (WES) and sent to the Admissions Office. A transcript marked "issued to student" is not considered official.
Item 20. All students must declare a choice of major.
Item 23 & 24. Transfer applicants should request transcripts for each term that will be completed between now and the time you enroll at AB.